Saturday, December 6, 2008

Woohoo!! Christmas Shopping is Done!!(Almost)

Nick and I took the whole day yesterday to do our Christmas shopping.  Reece stayed at home to play with Granny and Papa, which was a big help to us!  We traveled all over the metro area and completed 90% of our shopping!  We stopped and had lunch at Pan Asia and coffee at Starbucks.  We were pretty much finished by 2:30, but I wanted to go to the Gingerbread House Crafts show at the Ag museum to purchase some frames for Reece's portraits.  Me being as scatterbrained as I am forgot the checkbook and had to drive all the way home and back to the museum to buy the frames.  I am so proud of the way the portraits look in them, though!  I'll try to take some pictures of the pictures :) and post them soon!  
Today, Reece and I are headed back to the Y to do some more therapy in the pool.  I am supposed to do it twice a week, and my plans are to do it on Tuesdays and Fridays.  Of course, we didn't get a chance to go yesterday, so we are having a make up day!
Before we head to the pool, we are getting ready to have our Christmas supper club at our house Thursday night.  I looked around yesterday and realized how absolutely cluttered my house is right now!  We've got to get busy!  We did clean out toys the other night because, let's face it, the child is getting every toy they make for Christmas.  I tend to get way to sentimental about throwing out stuff, so Nick had to be the rational one.  He assured me that we could get the stuffed animals down from the attic when Reece gets old enough to "pretend."  I was all concerned that he wouldn't have any "pretend" toys (I know... I analyze things way too much) when he hit that certain age.  We did have to move some stuff out though to make way for all of the big toys he'll be getting!  I still don't really know where it's all going to go.  I guess if you ever visit us, just be prepared to watch your step!
Well, that's our day for now!  I'll let you know how our 2nd trip to the Y goes!  
I want to also thank all of you for continuing to keep up with Reece and for all of the encouraging comments you leave for us on the blog.  Those comments really give me a boost on those "yuck" days that I have sometimes.
With love,
Beth

1 comment:

The Long Family said...

your Christmas card is so cute!