Monday, December 8, 2008

Fun Afternoon at the Y




These are my new frames that I am so proud of!  They're not hanging yet because my lovely husband is going to have to assist me with that on Wednesday.  I have one more being made for his "naked" picture, and I've got to save my money for a couple of more.
  

Reece and I made our 2nd trip to the Y on Saturday, and he had a blast!  Not only did he get to play in the pool, but his cousin Kate was there along with her cousins Avery and Ainsley!  He wasn't so sure about the whole thing at first since we had been the only ones in the pool the first trip, but he eventually warmed up and had fun playing with the girls!  We ended up staying for about an hour and a half.  The pool was not as warm as usual, so I don't know how good the stretching was.
 I soon learned that everyone was looking for us and panicking because they couldn't find us!  I don't think anyone really listens to me because I had told both my mother and Nick where I would be on Saturday afternoon, yet my mother still had me paged at the Y!  I didn't hear it because it's so loud in the pool, but everyone was relieved to hear that we hadn't been kidnapped.
Our little guy is really working hard these days.  He is doing a lot of side-propping (leaning to the side and putting weight on one arm), and he is tolerating tummy time a little more now.  I even catch him getting himself on his stomach.  He has also become a master at scooting around in a complete circle while sitting up.  We are trying to teach him to scoot forward on his bottom since he won't be able to be the traditional crawler.  I think he'll get it eventually because he's beginning to get really frustrated with not being able to move to where he wants to go.  He LOVES standing up though.  That's all the child wants to do!  We are working on holding onto the coffee table, and he does really well until his little hands start to slip.  You can just see his fingers holding on for dear life.  His thumbs stay stuck in his palms a good bit, so he has to remember to hold them out to get a better grip.  
Funny story... the "ho ho ho" thing has become his new obsession now.  We cannot utter the words Santa Claus without a response from him.  First example, he was watching Little Einsteins the other day, and it was a Christmas special.  Well, he always watches the show while taking his lunch bottle.  So, he was sucking away, and Leo (the conductor) says, "Santa Claus has left us a special Christmas wish box."  Bottle in mouth, Reece grins and says, "ho ho ho!"  I thought I was going to pass out from laughing!  Second example... Reece was on his pallet just minding his own little business, and I was sitting on the couch.  Nick was walking through the living room, when Nassau decides to jump up on the bookshelf.  Nick got on to Nassau and told him that if he knocked the picture frames off, he was going to get him.  I yelled at Nassau (I know... poor Nassau) and told him if he knocked my "Santa Claus" off I was going to get him.  Reece looks up and says, "ho ho ho! "  and went right back to playing.   Y'all, I thought Nick and I were both going to die!  I think we may have created a monster!
Not sure what's on our agenda today... even though we have a busy week this week, I've got to get out today!  Maybe just a trip to the grocery store...
With love,
Beth    

2 comments:

The Long Family said...

I LOVE those picture frames!

Meaghan said...

Me too!! Those are fabulous, Reece's pics look so good in them! Good find!!