- While I was placing his new wall decal on the wall that quotes Walt Disney "If you can dream it, you can do it.", I try to have a moment with Reece and explain that if you can dream it you can do it. His response? "Do what, Mama?"
- "Papa, you're not crazy, you're ridiculous!"
- "Mama, your singing is beautiful, but I don't want you to sing right now."
- "Whew! My belly is full! It's starting to look like Papa's!"
- "Reece! Come on! It's time to take a bath!" "Well, I'm sorry, Mama. I don't have a chance right now."
- "Mama, your hair looks terrible!"
- "Mama! Mama! The weatherman just said that it was going to 'no' today!" Unfortunately, I had to explain that Al Roker was talking about Michigan and not 70 degree Mississippi.
- "My cold is going to be here until March."
- I bought a Yoga for Kids dvd thinking I could get some stretching done in a fun way. After like 3 poses he says, "I'm sorry. I don't want to do it anymore. I'm tired. You just do it, and I'll watch." Afraid he gets his exercise motivation from his mother.
- "Reece, you've got to learn how to write your name so you can learn to read. You don't want to learn how to read?" "Nope." "You don't ever want to learn how to read so you can live by yourself one day?" "Nope." "You're just going to live with Mama and Daddy all of your life?" "Yup." "Ok, well, I guess you won't ever be able to drive or go to Disneyland by yourself." Pause. "Well, I'll just practice writing my name one time."
- And, my favorite... Moni told me he said this while at their house this past weekend. He climbed the stairs behind her, and she didn't know it. They had a talk about why he couldn't climb the stairs by himself because he might fall. His response? "If I fall, God will catch me." Now, if we could all just believe that truth!
With love,
Beth
No comments:
Post a Comment