Sunday, February 5, 2012

Longest Hospital Stay EVER!

Eight surgeries and this has been the longest hospital stay of Reece's life. Even with RSV last year we only stayed 6 days. This one sets the record at 8 nights. Needless to say, the walls are collapsing in on this hospital room. Every muscle in my body is extremely sore from either sleeping on a pull out chair or scrunched in the bed with Reece. Reece now feels better, so he's extremely restless and ready to get out of here! Luckily tomorrow morning we are being set free!
I am so ready to get this boy home and give him a good scrub in the bath tub!
Reece and I did have church in the room this morning. Our church has live streaming video of the 11:00 service, and boy did I need to hear the sermon on being courageous. Like I said a couple of posts ago, I'm convinced Reece's illness was an attack from Satan. The sermon this morning gave me the strength I needed to keep going. Thanks again to my sweet hubby for giving me the laptop that made me able to watch church in the hospital room! Reece and I were doing some singing and praising up in room 273!
So, it's our last night, thank goodness! My bed is going to feel amazing tomorrow night. That is if I can not stay up trying to listen to Reece's every breath on the monitor!

With love,
Beth

1 comment:

The Long Family said...

Glad Reece is better and you are getting to go home. I'm sure you are both going crazy!!!