We were astonished when we came home. I just stood him up just to see what he would do, and he stood by himself for like a second!! Then, he freaked out, panicked, and fell back into my arms. Still, it was a beautiful second for me and Nick. Our friends, The Chambers, were kind enough to let us borrow one of AnnaLea's old toys. It's a gym set that has two raised bars with a walking surface below. The object is for him to hold on to the bars and practice walking. We worked on it this morning for a little while, and he did really well. He knows what he's supposed to do, he's just trying to figure out how to pick those "animal boots" up. He'll get it!
In addition to getting the KAFOs, we also got a prescription for a gait trainer, which is sort of like a little walker. Dr. McCall had told us last time that we were a long way from one of those, but guess what, we saw the resident doctor who assisted Dr. McCall with the surgery, and he gave us a prescription. Sneaky, I know, but we want him to have a gait trainer sooner rather than later.
So, all is calm around here for a while. July and August will be very busy with doctors appointments, especially when we go to Shreveport and Atlanta during back to back weeks. We've become quite the travelers!
I'm going to update Reece's Events down below with all of the upcoming appointments pretty soon, so you can keep track of the Barhams!
Until then, I hope you have a great day!
With love,
Beth
3 comments:
Yay Reece!!!! Girl, I don't know how you do it! Brody's surgeries were today and I'm a nervous wreck. I'm so scared he's going to somehow get the bandages off his feet. You are truly an inspiration! I know if yall can, we can with NO complaints!
Glad you had another safe trip!!! Can't wait to see what Reece does next!
Thanks for the sweet comments and prayers for Brody. With Pfieffers Syndrome,at birth, he had a medially deviated large toe and the other toe tried to start growing a new bone, but it was just a small growth. They removed the extra bone and growth on both feet. They also did a hernia repair. We have one more small surgery on his eyes...just tubes for his tear ducts and we should be good to go. Doc said his ptosis in his eyes wasn't blocking vision so he didn't want to do anything yet...if ever. Good news! We still have to go every 6 months for CT scans to monitor for craniosynostenosis (premature closing of skull) and hydrocephalus, but so far he seems to be in the clear of those.
Post a Comment