
I'm going to try to keep my story short because I really want to share something with you. This morning I took Reece to the library puppet show, and it was an utter disaster. He cried the entire time not because he was scared of the puppets but because he was scared of the 30 children! After a lunch at McDonalds (his first Happy Meal) and a nap, we returned to the library for Mother Goose. The theme for today was ducks, and Ms. June pulls out this book called Duckie Duck by Kate Toms. As she sat there reading it, I wondered if she chose it just for Reece because it touched me so deeply. After storytime was over, I asked her if we could check the book out and she insisted that I just take it and return it whenever. It's a board book, but it's a little lengthy. However, I just had to share it on here. When you read it, you'll understand why it meant so much to me.
Duckie Duck by Kate Toms
Most ducks quack as they waddle along
but Duckie whistles a happy song.
The other river ducks all love to swim
but not Duckie- a boat is best for him!
Ducks all waddle when they go to the shop.
Not Duckie of course; he likes to hop.
The ducks eat grass at dinnertime.
Duckie thinks a picnic will be just fine!
In a frenzy of flapping, ducks take to the sky,
While Duckie's balloon floats quietly by.
Feathers fly when the ducks spy a fox...
but Duckie stands firm, as strong as an ox!
The ducks hurry home when day turns to night...
but Duckie goes out with a bright flashlight!
At night, the ducks gather in the warmth of their shed,
While the branch of a tree is Duckie's bed!
Ducks stick together, they don't go far...
while Duckie goes exploring in his sporty little car.
Heads in the water, 1, 2, 3!
Duckie says, "NO! that's not for me!"
Duckie's a duck, the same as the rest-
but for Duckie, being different is what he likes best!
So, from now on, Reece will always be my little "Duckie Duck." That is a very symbolic book if you ask me! Now, you know why I came home and ordered it from Amazon so that I could keep a copy of it forever! Thanks, Ms. June!
With love,
Beth
1 comment:
So sweet!! Have a wonderful weekend!
Post a Comment