Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Hippity-Hoppity!





Reece's second Easter was a really good one! Our little family attended Pinelake's 9:30 a.m. service, and Reece made it all the way until the prayer. I decided to take him out of the sanctuary for the rest of the service. Well, of course, we had to make a scene! Before we left the house, he had insisted on bringing one of his plastic Easter eggs with him. Sure, I thought. That's a quiet toy. Until we are walking out during prayer and he drops it on the concrete floor! It lands behind some poor man's seat, and he and another man go digging around for it. All I could do was smile and whisper a quick "sorry" as I hightailed it outta there before we could make any more scenes! After church, we headed to Carthage for Easter lunch at Mama Kat's and Daddy Dave's house. My daddy joined us, so that was neat. Reece had a great time, and I ate too much (always happens!) Later that afternoon, we drove to MRC to visit with Mama. She's still doing great, and I'm so glad to have her back!
Today, Reece is getting measured for a walker. I'm excited, but nervous, because I know Reece's cooperation skills. This man that will be measuring him has no idea what he's in for! I'm going to say a little prayer for him right now...
Tomorrow is the big 15 month check up. I'll try to remember to post and let you know how that goes. Thursday, we head back to Dr. Harmon, the urologist, just for a check-up as well. Then, a week from tomorrow, Gulf Shores here we come!!!
Anyway, I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter! I'm off to bake some cookies (because I didn't eat enough 2 days ago!)
With love,
Beth

2 comments:

Meaghan said...

Love the aquarium and Easter pics! I can't wait to take Mary Reeves to the aquarium....it's the BEST!! Sad we missed y'all Sunday. MR took the longest nap, so she didn't wake up before y'all left! Maybe sometime soon!!

Suzanne Rudder said...

What kind of walker did you end up getting? Haley is getting a new one.......the Crocodile. We have to give up her Kaye walker back to EI when she turns 3 this summer so we thought we better get a replacement now.