Wednesday, April 15, 2009

15 Months Old!

We made it back from Dr. Denney's clinic. Reece is now weighing in at 17 lbs 14 oz and is 26 3/4 inches long. His weight and height are proportionate to one another, so we don't need to worry. Escobar syndrome will just always keep him smaller than his peers, but that's alright! Dynamite comes in small packages! Dr. Denney also decided to go ahead and put him on some Pediasure just because his eating is not the greatest. He got a B- on that. He said that he's not a perfect eater, but he's not terrible either. We're just going to keep working on it! Dr. Denney was also amazed at Reece's strong will. He told me to just keep sticking to my guns and not let him win any battles or we will have a brat on our hands by age 4 or 5. I'm proud to say that I did win one battle yesterday when Reece was just sucking the ketchup off of his sausage and putting it back on the plate. I just took it away, and sent him to bed. A major tantrum followed, but at least he knew Mama couldn't be messed with! Aside from the eating issues, Reece was also placed on a dose of Zyrtec every night for his allergies. Nick and I both have terrible allergies, so we were just waiting for it to kick in with Reece. Hopefully this medicine will help with the sneezing and runny nose.
That's pretty much how everything went besides the 3 stinky shots he had to get. Naturally, I took him to Target to get a toy for getting his shots. I know... the child has toys to the ceiling and I go buy him another one! I must be crazy, but it brought a smile to his little face. That's all that matters!
With love,
Beth

No comments: