I've decided this is in the top 3 cutest videos that I've gotten of Reece. I just love it, and I hope it makes you smile like it has us!
Reece had his first aquatic therapy session today, and it went great! He was a little uncomfortable with the whole situation at first, but he eventually got used to it. I ended up having to get in with him, and all was well. In the end he was smiling and splashing around. We were there for 2 hours, so needless to say Reece was out before we left the parking lot. Our plan is to visit Brandi, the PT, once a month to get new exercises. The rest of the time we are just going to take him to the therapy pool at the Y and do the stretching ourselves. I'm really excited, but at the same time nervous because it's going to be so hard to find time to fit all of this in! And boy is it a hassle getting him dressed, bundled up, and packed up twice! I think I would have been asleep before we left the parking lot had I not been driving. Hopefully it will all be worth it!
Reece also had a major accomplishment yesterday during OT. He is trying to stack blocks, which is a huge deal. His OT, Andrea, said that it made her want to cry watching him do it. One thing that he does (which I think is really smart) is he holds the block that he's trying to stack on top of still with one hand while he places another block on top. I'm going to try to get him on video soon. We are so proud of him! Another big boy thing he did was eat "real" green beans last night. I had cooked some green beans for me and gave him some. He loved them! Woohoo!! He's not going to be all weird about vegetables like his daddy!! I told Nick that he has to step up the plate now. Surely he's not going to let a 10 month old out-eat him!
So that's the news for the day. Thanks for checking in with us! We're off this afternoon to pick up our Santa portraits! Can't wait!
With love,
Beth
1 comment:
How cute is he!?!?! Love the video! That's awesome news about the blocks, what a great accomplishment. Go Reece!
Post a Comment