Boy, are we tired! Friday night, Reece stayed with his Papa and Granny while Nick and I attended Christen's rehearsal and rehearsal dinner in Philadelphia. We didn't make it home until like 11:00 that night. Then, yesterday was the big wedding day. After running to get my hair done, we loaded everyone up and headed to Carthage. Reece spent the afternoon with his daddy and his family, while I spent the day getting ready and helping Christen get ready for her big day. Reece didn't attend the wedding, but did make an appearance at the reception where he was utterly confused and overwhelmed. Droves of people bombarded him while there was a disco ball rotating around and a loud band playing. For a moment, I felt like the room was spinning! Poor guy! I just knew he was going to be traumatized! He handled it all very well, though. He took his bottle at about 8:00 and konked out despite the loud music and people! He woke up after about an hour just in time to see the bride and groom off with sparklers. I know he was thinking, "Where the heck have these people taken me?!!!" Needless to say, he was exhausted. So our plans for today are to just hang around and maybe continue the Christmas decorating we started Friday morning. He hung out in his jumperoo for I know an hour watching me decorate the kitchen. We turned the Christmas music up and danced and sang. He absolutely loved it!! I have snapped some adorable pictures of him with Christmas decorations that I so want to post! However, I don't want to spoil the Christmas cards that we will be sending out, so I guess I'll just have to wait!
With love,
Beth
No comments:
Post a Comment