It's been a while since I've posted any pictures, so I thought I'd catch up! Before I do, to fill you in, I'll update you on what's going on. We head out early Wednesday morning for Atlanta. Yes, 3 weeks have passed, and it's time to say goodbye to the nasty blue cast on Reece's hand. During only 3 weeks, it's had a whole cup of chocolate milk spilled on it, yogurt dropped on it, and red and black crayons scribbled on it. I most definitely will be taking some type of soap to wash Reece's arm off when Dr. P saws that thing off! I can't imagine what sour milk, yogurt, and wax will smell like! Spontaneously, we also have an appointment with a new doctor on Wednesday afternoon. After discussing Reece's feet with both physical therapists and having our own concerns, we've decided to get a 2nd opinion on Reece's feet. Beth, one of our PTs, spoke with Dr. McCall at Shriners, and he is still insistent on Reece wearing the floor reactor AFOs to improve Reece's crouched gait. He's more concerned with correcting that than his feet, which are turning out and rolling over more and more. Nick, both PTs , and I are more concerned about his feet. We don't want to wait too long and there not be anything that can be done. Plus, Reece can't even walk in these AFOs, and we do not want to take that away from him. Point blank, it's not going to happen. So, we have made an appointment with Dr. Peter Meehan to see what his thoughts are on the feet situation. Like Dr. Peljovich, I found him on the internet, so we are praying that God will bless us with this doctor like He did with Dr. P.Other than the constant management of Reece's care, we've been doing a little Christmas shopping. Reece spent the night with Moni and Daddy Da on Friday night. Mama went to Mistletoe Marketplace and had a little girl time with my sister, and then had date night with Daddy! We hit Toys R Us, and then had dinner together at Amerigo. It was so nice to have a little break. Especially from the sassing Reece has been doing here lately. Some days I just want to sit down and cry. That's a whole other post though. For now, enjoy the pictures, and I'll update with what we find out in Atlanta!
With love,
Beth

Buzz Lightyear and Woody
(Notice Mama's awesome cast cover-up job :)

To Infinity and Beyond!

This was Reece at first. He had decided he didn't want to stand by Ridley. Ridley's feelings look hurt don't they?

Mmmm! Orange cupcake icing!

Digging in at his MMO Fall Party

His first time to walk up to a house and trick or treat

Reece loves these girls!

Buzz is such the ladies' man!

Reece and his sweet cousin Kate
Thought this was a sweet picture. She always makes sure Reece is taken care of, even getting him candy when he couldn't make the walk.
No comments:
Post a Comment