Genetics Results
Nick's and my genetic results came in last week. Both results revealed Nick and I have the same duplication- c.459dupA What does that mean? As we were originally told, we will have a 25% chance of conceiving another baby affected by Escobar Syndrome. It was a shot in the dark to find out if the type of duplication would mean a less than 1% chance, but now we know. Of course, we can look at it as a 75% chance that a baby would not be affected, but we have seen how the severity can vary even among siblings, and we just don't know how we feel about the possibility of of having a child with more problems than Reece. Only God knows what He has planned for our family, so we'll just leave it in His hands.With love,
Beth
1 comment:
I know the feeling! We too had the same results. I am not sure if we will have more kids. I feel like I do, he feels like I am nuts (but not so nuts he won't consider it!) I just feel the same way as you. Hang in there and whatever you decide, I will keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers!
Post a Comment