Poor Reece had a falling accident at Mother's Morning Out yesterday morning. They called me to come get him early because he had tripped on a chair and hit his mouth on the corner of a table. Apparently, there was a lot of blood and tears, and with good reason. When I got there, his lip was swollen three times its normal size and his teeth looked like there was some major damage. I called Dr. Wren, Reece's dentist, and they got him in within an hour. Praise God! Dr. Wren said that Reece was extremely lucky because his lip and gums took the brunt of the hit. There were no loose teeth or bone fractures. He still has a pretty nasty looking lip (obviously looking at the pic below), but he seems to be handling it pretty well. He's been on a soft food diet since yesterday, and his gums look MUCH better!
We had a family fun day today. Nick had today off, and after going with him for a haircut, we hit Best Buy to purchase a Garmin GPS. We've had a GPS on our iphones, but it's so inconvenient to use. We use GPS a lot when traveling in Shreveport and Atlanta, so I think it was a worthwhile purchase. After shopping, we headed for a late lunch at P.F. Chang's and then on to the movie theatre for "Tangled." By far the best kid movie I've seen in a while! Takes me back to the Disney movies I watched growing up. Below is a pic Nick snapped of me and Reece while waiting for the movie to start.
So, off we go to Shreveport at 8:30 in the morning. Reece's appointment is at 1:00, and I believe xrays of his feet and spine are scheduled. If you glance up and see 1:00 on your clock, say a little prayer for Reece's feet, please. We're totally depending on the Lord to guide us where He wants us to go with this situation.
I'll post Thursday to let you know how it all goes.
With love,
Beth
3 comments:
Will be praying for you all!!!! Safe travels!
I'm so glad you have a back up to go with you. Have a safe trip. I'll be saying a prayer.
I hope you have a safe and worthwhile trip!!! Praying for a good outcome! Glad Reece's teeth are ok! You and Nick should def try to get down to NOLA....it was our first trip since college, and we loved it again!
Post a Comment