Yesterday, Reece moved up to a lightweight stroller. We hit BabiesRUs with Daddy, and bought one that is much more comfortable for me. Reece is getting so big and with those braces on, he can be quite the handful for his 5 feet tall mother! I decided we had to do something when a trip to the post office became entertainment for those people standing in the line behind us. I had to fill out and address form, so I had to sit Reece on the counter with him grabbing at the pen and trying to scoot all over. I had one arm on him and one arm writing. I could feel the stares behind me, but what else could I do? Anyway, his old stroller was just heavy for those quick in and out errands, therefore we purchased the new one.
We had a bit of some bummer news yesterday. Reece's new PT doesn't think he is ready for a gait trainer yet. He's still not back to cruising and really doesn't show the love for walking that he had prior to the surgery. I must admit that I've been a little depressed. I guess Nick and I just had this hope that he would be walking by now, when truth is, he won't be walking for quite some time. He can't get from lying to sitting much less from sitting to standing, and things just keep getting harder. The older he gets, the more exhausting my day becomes physically from all of the lifting and carrying I have to do. I know I shouldn't be complaining, but it's so hard and so frustrating, especially when I have to help him practice walking, do stretches, and work on pulling up. He's the light of our world, and I want so badly for him to just be able to get up and go like his little mind is telling him to do. I can't imagine how frustrated it is to him. So, for right now, we are working on cruising again and just putting weight on his legs. I'm so ready to get him back in the pool because I really feel like that helped him a lot. I'm aiming for next week. His incisions look better, so it's time to get in the water. I just hope he still loves it like he used to.
Headed to Mother Goose this afternoon! We missed last week because we were bringing Ridley home. Maybe our routine is finally returning to normal!
Post again soon!
With love,
Beth
2 comments:
Hang in there! You are so much tougher than you give yourself credit for!!!! You are such an INSPIRATION!!! Reece WILL do it, just like Brody will do it some day. God has a plan for these boys and we have to let those plans happen. It is so frustrating to know how badly they want to just "get up and go" and they can't. I learned that this weekend watching a baby three months younger than him (thats been walking for six months). Brody is miles behind her, but he's trying so hard! They both are! We just have to stop and give it to the Lord. It WILL happen!!!! Keep writing. I so enjoy reading all about Reece!!
Love the picture of the boys!!!!
Post a Comment