Wednesday, July 15, 2009

18 Months!

That's how long little Reece has been in our lives (not counting the 9 months I carried him:) We went for his 18 month check up today, and it went well. According to Dr. Denney's questions, Reece is developing right on target. He has 6-12 words in his vocabulary, easily, and does all the things he should cognitively be doing. He only weighs in at 18 lbs 12 oz, but that's ok. He'll probably always be below that 1st percentile. They also measured him at 28 3/4 inches long. That means he's gained about 2 inches since his knee surgery. He did have to get one shot, and of course we went to Target for a toy afterwards. After lunch at Broad Street Bakery, he's sacked out in his crib. Our supper club group is celebrating our 1 year anniversary tonight at Amerigo's, so I hope he gets a good nap! Nick and I will also be celebrating our 7 year anniversary this upcoming Monday. Reece is heading to Mama Kat's house Friday, while Nick and I go out to eat Friday night and attend Nick's 10th highschool reunion Saturday night. Yes, we have quite the busy weekend.
So, I want to catch you up on some things that Reece has been doing lately. Some of them may be repeats, but he's growing up so fast that I just have to share.
#1 Sings "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" over and over again in perfect tune
#2 Mocks us telling Ridley "no" while shaking his finger at him
#3 Spanks our hand after we spank his for misbehaving (not exactly a good thing, I know)
#4 Has begun to feed himself with a spoon ( what a blessing since at birth we never imagined this happening)
#5 Can tell you how old he is by holding up 1 finger
#6 Waves and says "bye" (with a southern drawl)
#7 Has begun trying to count to 5 on his fingers
#8 Tells "jokes" (This consists of a lot of babbling and cackling afterwards.)
#9 Can mock the Beethoven song that is on one of his Baby Einstein dvds (mah, mah, mah, maaahh)
# 10 Constantly babbles with new sounds coming out every day

I'm sure I've missed something, and I definitely need to post a new video. He's becoming such the little man, and we are so grateful to have him in our lives!
With love,
Beth

No comments: