Thursday, March 19, 2009

Alas! A Successful Mother Goose Lapsit!!

It finally happened! Reece made it through Mother Goose at the library without crying! I think I held my breath the entire time just waiting for the screaming to come, but it didn't. The little guy even participated! As Ms. June, the children's librarian, passed around a lift-the-flap book for each child to find the dog, Reece waited patiently for his turn. When she came to him, he lifted that flap up, looked around at everyone else, and clapped with great enthusiasm for himself. Of course, everyone got a kick out of it. That's our Reece... no problem with self-esteem! Needless to say, I was shocked at how perfect he was throughout the story time. Even Ms. June noticed Reece doing so well. Maybe our screaming-to-the-top-of our-lungs-during-storytime days are finally over!
I haven't mentioned my mom in a few days simply because not a whole lot has changed. She still has her good days and her bad days, and she seems to be doing a little better physically. We try to keep her awake as much as possible during the day so that she'll sleep better at night. I spend Fridays with her, so I'll be there tomorrow. I told her to get ready to stay busy with me!
As you continue to lift up prayers for my Mama, please remember us this upcoming week. We leave Monday for Atlanta for Reece's surgery on Tuesday. He'll be having his cleft palate repaired and his droopy eyelids lifted. Please pray for the plastic surgeon as well as the anesthesiologist as they take our sweet baby to the OR. Scottish Rite is in the top 3 children's hospitals in the nation, so we feel confident in our choice to take him there. However, there is always that fear that I feel when someone "new" works with Reece. I know that the One who has always been with Reece from the moment he was conceived will be there, though. That brings the greatest comfort of all. He will follow Reece from Jackson to Atlanta and then to Shreveport without fail. Thank you, Lord, for the ultimate reassurance that you give me.
I'll let you know how everything turns out!
We have something to look forward to on the Saturday when we return. That's our big meet-up with the Rudder family from Missouri as well as other AMC kiddos! I can't wait! The closeness that I feel to this family is unreal. I'm sure it will be a powerful meeting! I'll have my camera ready!
I hope everyone has a blessed week and enjoys this beautiful weather!
With love,
Beth

No comments: