I wanted to give everyone an update on my mama as of this morning. Things have been really crazy around here, so I'm sorry for not posting sooner. Yesterday morning, the kidney specialist called us in to tell us that Mama had gone into acute kidney failure. She had put on 14 lbs of fluid in the 2 days after the surgery, and it was putting pressure on her kidneys and lungs. They couldn't get her oxygen levels stabilized, so they put her on temporary dialysis. Well, this morning her blood was clogging up the dialysis, so they took her off of it. Her oxygen has stabilized to 98%, but the creatinine level in her kidneys was up to 3.2 last night. Normal values are .5 to 1.1. When she was okayed for surgery, they were at 1.0. During surgery, they rose to 1.8. After surgery, they went up to 2.8. And now, they are at 3.2. For some reason they just keep going up. We are a little concerned and not really sure how serious all of this is. Please, please just say lots of prayers for her. She's in great spirits and not hurting much from the actual surgery. I think she knows something is going on though, so we just want her to stay strong. I'm not sure if I'll get up to the hospital or not tonight. Reece went in for his 12 month checkup this morning and came back from the pediatrician's clinic with a cold. He weighed 17 lbs 2 oz and was 26 inches long. Slowly but surely he's getting there.
Thanks again for keeping my mom in your prayers. I'll update as soon as I hear something new.
With love,
Beth
1 comment:
Thanks for the update. I have been wondering and praying. Will continue to pray for your mom!
Post a Comment