Friday, May 30, 2008

Eye Check-up

Reece visited his eye doctor yesterday, and he can see very well!  Dr. Milam said that he was very alert and attentive.  He also determined that the cause for the puffiness in Reece's eyes is just a trait he received from Nick.  We took Nick's baby pics for him to see because Nick also had very puffy eyes as a child. The doctor said that Nick's left eye was more puffy just like Reece's is!  The similarities between the two of them are unreal!  If Nassau starts looking like Nick too, we know something weird is going on:)!!  Around the house, things are pretty hectic!  Reece's love for solid food turned into a hate literally overnight!!  The child hates bananas and cereal now!  So, we've moved on to pears and apples.  I've been pulling every trick I can think of to get him to eat!  I've even fed him with my fingers!! (which actually worked pretty well)  I might be on to something, though, because this morning while I was eating grits (true Southern girl), Reece was watching me very intently.  So, I got his bowl of pears, and after I took a bite of my grits, I gave him a bite of his pears.  I was amazed!!  He actually ate them and smiled!!  It was like he thought he was eating what I was eating!!  So, I guess every time I feed him I'll have to stir me up a bowl of grits!!  Anyway, you can see he made quite the mess!  I just let him roll with it.  Eating should be fun!!  Naptime is also all over the place!  The little guy is so busy learning new things that he just doesn't want to sleep for his usual 2-3 hour naps!  I'm lucky if I get an hour!  I may be on to something with this too because he now has an iPod player in his nursery for naptime!   No... he's not spoiled at all!!   He also has his first beach trip scheduled for September!  We are so excited!  His casts will be off, so he will actually be able to feel the sand and ocean on his sweet little feet! Other than that, it seems as if June 18 (Shriners visit) will NEVER get here!  We are so ready to hear what they have to say!  I just say a little prayer every day that it is nothing but good news!!   

3 comments:

Abby Jenkins said...

He is growing up so fast....it seems like yesterday he was born. I am so glad to hear all the great news of his eyes and hearing being wonderful. I know there are many days ahead, but I hope those days are filled with much encouraging information as you have already received. I am praying for yall!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear his eyesight is great! I love your new mom tricks...I really have a lot to figure out over the next few months! I think you should post a baby pic of Nick so we can compare the similarities between your two men...would be very cute! Y'all have a great week!

Angie said...

Reece is a picky eater? I wonder where he got that from?? I seem to remember a little girl that wouldn't eat anything!! Except for Chic-fil-a chicken nuggets, of course.