We love you!
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Finally... Some New "Boots"
We are home from getting Reece's casts changed. We were up bright and early at 4 a.m. this morning, and even made it to the hospital 10 minutes early! Reece is doing wonderfully! They ended up only giving him a shot of some medicine that put him to sleep for a little while. As soon as they were finished, he woke up! Perfect timing! He was a little groggy and cranky for about an hour afterwards, but before we left the hospital he was smiling and talking to the TV. He now has on plaster casts up to his knee and the fiberglass casts the rest of the way up. Oh yeah... they are BLUE! He was very interested in them when he woke up good. He will wear these casts for 3 weeks, have them removed in Dr. Robbins' clinic on the 24th of this month, and have new ones put back on up to the knee until the MRI when he will take the pins out. Then, we are on to braces. Nick and I realized in the waiting room how very fortunate we really are. While we were sitting on pins and needles waiting on them to call us and tell us how Reece was doing (which they never did until after it was all over!), we heard one family be told that their little girl had severe hearing loss while another family was sitting waiting on a 2 year old to come out of surgery for a brain tumor. Just when we think we have it bad, we always find someone who has it a lot worse. God truly blessed Reece. Sure, he may have some physical difficulties in life, but nothing his sweet little personality cannot overcome. At least we are not facing cancer or some other horrible disease. My heart breaks for the families that do have to deal with this. I cannot imagine. I feel so lucky to have my precious Reece! He's sacked out in his crib right now as I type. I think I am about to "sack out" myself! Thanks everyone for your prayers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are so good about updating. I am so glad because I often think and wonder how yall and sweet Reece are doing day to day. He is so cute....and growing fast!! It goes by too quickly. Have a great week.
I am glad you all are doing well. Jay and I thought about y'all yesterday and was praying that all went better than planned. We are ready for another cookout soon and I still have your Pyrex. Thinking of you.
Post a Comment