Saturday, November 30, 2013

Disney Trip #5 ( I was informed by the husband after my original post saying #4)

Yes, #5, and after this one I think even Nick may need a break!  Ha!  We spent last week in Florida where Nick turned the big 33!  Quote of the week from Reece-  Me:  "Hey Reece, would it embarrass you if I were to dress like a princess?"  Reece: "No."  Me:  "What princess do you think I should be?"  Reece (with a sly grin):  "Ursula."  For all of you who don't know who Ursula is, she is the evil sea witch from The Little Mermaid.  Ha, ha, son!
Reece was able to ride a lot more on this trip since he hit the 40" mark.  All we heard was how he wanted to ride Tower of Terror first thing.  So, we did.  Yeah, we didn't get him back on it again.  Mama definitely didn't complain.  I do NOT like that ride!  Reece did really like Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, Soarin, and Star Tours though.  Those were some he had never ridden before.  He wasn't too sure about Splash Mountain the first time, but after Nick convinced him to go again he decided he really liked it.
Here is our week in pictures-  I have no idea if they are in order or not.


 Getting off of Dumbo

 He loves the Goofy Barnstormer roller coaster!

 Ah, the new fake smile!
 Big Thunder Mountain!  He rode it 5 times!

 The exhilarating People Mover

 My first attempt at a Christmas card picture

 Celebrating Nick's birthday at O'hana!



 Cheesing in front of the Polynesian Christmas tree!

 The first year Reece has actually asked to meet the characters.  We got these three's autographs and then kept forgetting his autograph book in the room the rest of the trip.  







 After lunch in Italy

 These two will wear you out in Disney!

 Too cute not to buy!

 Playing the bongos

 Because there is a picture of me wearing this hat in Epcot 

 Nick convinced Reece to taste "Beverly", Italy's version of Coca Cola.  

 The reaction we wanted to capture on camera.  Yes, we are cruel parents!
 Another shot for the Christmas card!

 What's Disney without fireworks?

 In all of the people there, we ran into Reece's friends Anna James and Ella from Carthage!

 Toy Story Mania

 Meeting Vanellope and Ralph




 I was slightly obsessed with how cool Beast's castle was.  Very cool atmosphere for a restaurant!  I felt like I really was in the movie!











Watching the fireworks on Main Street

                                         
After paying $25 for these light up ears, they lasted maybe 5 minutes on Reece.  I was determined someone was going to wear them!

Midnight on It's a Small World and Daddy is delirious!



 
 Riding the tea cups!  Reece used to call them the "toffee tups"

 Would have been cute if I knew how to work the camera and had a cooperative child

 Watching The Festival of the Lion King... Reece got asked to come up on the stage, and he wouldn't!  

 Christmas tree at Animal Kingdom Lodge

 I was impressed there was a manger scene in Hollywood Studios' Osborne Family Lights

 We saw an AMC friend and her family in front of Big Thunder Mountain!

 Yes, this carousel was made of gingerbread and chocolate.  Yes, I wanted to take a bite every time we walked into our hotel's lobby.



 Our little Cap'n Reece

 This is the Gingerbread House in the Grand Floridian lobby.  They actually sell gingerbread cookies out of it.  I do not recommend buying any.  We bought 3, and they were the worst gingerbread cookies I've ever eaten!

 Dinner at Narcoosee's

 Waiting on the bus to take us to the airport

 Playing with Ella and Anna James at the airport

Our family's first roller coaster picture

Now, we are back to the real world!  I don't think I've posted since we found out Reece has to have surgery on December 13.  We cancelled his elbow surgery for that date, but after his check up with his ENT a couple of weeks ago, we found out he has to have his 5th set of ear tubes.  His left one came out, and the right one is out but still hanging out in there.  However, he has a lot of fluid in both ears and his left eardrum is really retracted.  The plan is to replace the ear tubes and retest hearing.  Depending on the results, we could be looking at a hearing aid.  Why does he have to keep having tubes replaced?  All because of the cleft palate with which he was born.  Yes, it has been repaired, so I'm not really sure why it keeps being a problem, but his ENT told us it's not uncommon for kids born with a cleft palate to have to keep getting tubes until age 7 or 8.  In addition to the tubes, Dr. Carron wants to take a really good look at Reece's airway because of the anesthesia complications he had last month.  He did this back when Reece had his very first surgery at 4 months old, and everything was ok.  However, multiple pterygium syndrome can cause internal webbing in the airways, so he's just going to check to make sure nothing like that has developed.   So, please add Reece man to your prayers on December 13.  We have to be at the hospital at 6 a.m. because they like to make him first case.  According to Dr. Carron, everything with Reece is a "fire drill."  I wasn't really sure how to take that, but if it means they are extra prepared I'll take it! 

We are also in the process of planning our next trip with the Escobar families we went to Colorado with.  We are so excited that in mid- April we will all be sharing a vacation house in 

 

We cannot wait!!  Let the countdown begin!!

With love,
Beth




No comments: