Sunday, April 21, 2013

A Chance to Relax

My sweet hubby took me on a surprise birthday trip to Memphis last weekend.  Not only did he book us a room at The Peabody, he made my 30th birthday special with a club level room.  It was so nice for the two of us to get away together.  We went shopping, I had a spa day, and we cheered on the Grizzlies at a basketball game one night.  He was really sweet in just chilling when I wanted to chill.  That's something I rarely get to do, so it's reallllllly nice when I can!
Here are a few pics from our weekend...

 Hanging out in the lobby of The Peabody


 Ready for dinner

 Just because the atmosphere at Itta Bena was so cool...

Waiting on the duck march on the mezzanine level

 Gearing up for the Grizzlies

Best picture of us in a while :)

This weekend was back to reality.  Nick, Reece, and Daddy Da went to MSU's spring football game yesterday leaving me with what I thought would be the whole day to clean and prepare for our Sunday Open House.  Well, yesterday morning about 9:30, our realtor called saying that someone wanted to look at our house between 12-2.  What I had planned to get done in a day had to be done in 2.5 hours!  My production speed tripled!  I actually did it, and the dogs and I spent the next two hours riding around with the windows down.  Today, I did pretty much the same thing except I had two extra passengers.  The good news is that we did have 3 couples look at our house today during the open house and none of them had anything bad to say about it.  They all loved it.  Now we pray that we get a call this week with an offer.  I'm not really that eager to get into a new house- I'm just tired of cleaning like a mad woman!  Poor Reece while we were riding around today sighs in the back seat- "Oh no.  What HAVE I DONE??!!  I left my shield out on the couch.  Now NO ONE will buy our house."  I really wish I could give you the dramatic tone he had.  Ok, so maybe I'm going overboard with the cleaning.  A perfectionist personality and selling a house DO NOT go well together.  Hey, I've never questioned where Reece gets his from.  
Here's a pic of Reece and Daddy Da from the boys' day yesterday... Too bad pictures can't do my clean house justice :)
  
With love,
Beth

1 comment:

Meredith Sanders said...

So glad ya'll got to get away! I know you had a great time and it's well deserved. Take care! Meredith