Thursday, June 16, 2011

Slow Days of Summer

Things have been mighty lazy around the Barham household the last few days. Our church had Bible school this week, and it was at night this year. Reece has been getting in bed no earlier than 10:00 each night. It's been pure bliss to stay wrapped up in my cozy bed until 8:30 and 9 in the mornings. The dogs just sit and stare at me. I think they've been watching me breathe or either willing me to wake up and get the day started. Nick is enjoying some much needed time off this week as well. We have him home until Sunday. I've already put him to work around here! After our computer did not even have enough memory to download a single email, we threw in the towel and headed to the Apple store. It's been a long time coming since we haven't been able to load all of the video we've taken of Reece. Now maybe I will actually be able to post some more footage of our entertainer! After buying the computer, we decided to rearrange a bit- moving the desk into the living room and moving Reece's tv into his playroom. It all looks really great, and I think it's (almost) quenched my urge to get a new house! I bought a great new, well it's a vintage, breakfast table and bench and refinished some consignment store chairs. I must say that I'm pretty proud of how everything turned out! It even looks like we have a buyer for our old table and chairs thanks to craigslist. Now, if I can get a new refrigerator...
Reece will be headed to Carthage for Bible school next week. Not quite sure what I'll do with myself! I did learn how to applique at my last sewing class, and I've got a few shirts I want to make for Reece. I found some really cute pirate fabric at Walmart, and since he's really into pirates these days, I thought that would be fun.
Reece's new words these days are "whatever," "cooperating," and "serious" (As in, "I'm serious, Mama." He told me tonight when I was trying to wash his feet that they were not cooperating. I overheard him tell his physical therapist yesterday "ok, whatever." He's enjoying fighting Ridley and his Daddy with a foam sword he got at a birthday party, and he loves to play like he's going out to eat with his stuffed animals. We're trying to curb his interest in the DVDS, and we're going to get more help for that in August. More to come on that later, but for now, we try to distract as much as possible. Anything he remotely shows interest in, we hone in on it. Hence the fleet of little metal Cars from Disney's movie.
I think I forgot to mention that we had his 3 year check up last week. We were a tad late since his birthday was in January, but we've had a lot going on :) He weighed in at 23 lbs and measured 35 inches tall. It's so hard to get a true height for him since he has a crouched stance. Dr. Denney's nurse measured him lying down with me straightening his leg out. The week before he was only 33 1/2 inches standing. I'm going to say the 35 is more accurate.
We're on the countdown for cast removal. Two weeks from today is the day Dr. P will saw it off. Reece told one of his friend's mom's tonight that "We have to call Comfort Suites to see if they have a hotel room so I can get my cast off." He repeats everything! I had just said that this morning!
We're also counting down the days until the AMC conference in Kansas City! Soooo ready to see everyone! It's going to be a long drive, but it'll be worth it!
That's all I can think of tonight. Maybe now that the computer is in the living room, I can update really quick when Reece says or does something newsworthy!
With love,
Beth

1 comment:

The Long Family said...

I want to start making cute little clothes for Sarah. Even though your title says slow days, they still sound pretty busy to me :)