Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Fair and The Imagination Movers

Enjoying the lights and sounds of the fair

Mama explaining what a funnel cake is.

Taking it slow on the carousel

Riding the tugboat with Daddy

This goat was a little too close, so I kicked him.

This was a cute, friendly goat.

In shock at the Imagination Movers concert

Maybe if I close my eyes, this will go away!

See ya on Playhouse Disney, Movers!

Reece definitely had a big weekend! Thursday afternoon, Nick and I took him to the State fair where he actually did pretty well. First I took him on the carousel. He didn't want to ride one of the horses, so we just sat on the bench. Then, we hopped onto the bumblebee ride. He actually kinda enjoyed that. Nick took him on his final ride, the tugboat. Nick said that he thought Reece enjoyed it, but every time the tugboat went up high he gripped Nick's arm. Other than rides, we just ate and explored the petting zoo. Reece didn't really want to "pet" the animals, but he did choose to try to kick one of the goats. Ahh... life with a toddler! Overall, our first fair experience was a good one!
Then, Saturday morning we were off to see the Imagination Movers. I was so excited for Reece to see them live and in person. My bubble was quickly burst when he covered his eyes or buried his head in my arm for the entire concert. Even when Mover Scott came through the crowd, stopped and rubbed Reece's head while singing, Reece showed no interest. All of the other kids were dying to get to him, but Reece was like "whatever" I'm ready to go. You can tell from the pics we got, the kind of mood Reece was in. I'm thinking it might have been more pleasurable had the concert not been at 1:30, right smack in the middle of naptime. That night we went and ate at Joe's Crab Shack, a tradition for us every trip to Shreveport, and Reece ate nothing. He went to bed at 7 that night. Friday morning, he woke up, found the box of Fruit Loops I had brought, pulled the bag out, and ate Fruit Loops for 20 minutes. After getting home, we celebrated Nanny's birthday at Cock of the Walk, came home, and crashed. Then, yesterday, I think I discovered the source of Reece's foul mood. Late yesterday afternoon, I noticed his right ear draining fluid. He has had a cold for a couple of days, so I guess it moved to his ears. I called the pediatrician, and the nurse said that his tubes were just doing what they were supposed to do. She instructed me to put some of the antibiotic drops that we already have in there 2 times a day, and it should clear up. Poor guy! Now, I wonder if maybe the loud concert was hurting his ear.
So, this week he has pictures at school and of course, 3 days of therapy. Saturday morning, we head out to Slidell to stay with Nick's uncle and attend the Saints game Sunday. I'm thinking Reece won't be there because of how loud the superdome is. We'll have fun, though! To end our busy October, we go to Atlanta a week from tomorrow to check on this cleft palate situation. I'm praying that it doesn't mean another surgery, but I feel like it will. I'll be so glad when October is over! Poor Ridley has found a great place to spend his nights away from us. We discovered Chateau La Pooch, a dog hotel in Madison. Precious place, and they spend a lot of time with the dogs there. At least, I don't worry about him. Nassau takes care of himself and the fish and enjoys his quiet times alone. He rarely gets those nowadays!
I'll update again soon!
With love,
Beth

1 comment:

The Long Family said...

I love the first picture! Looks like you went to the fair just in time!