
Who says casts can't be stylish?
True, things have not been quite as bad as I had expected with Reece having casts and all, but it is definitely frustrating. Although he has learned to move in a circle with them on, he still is unable to scoot around like he is used to. This, inevitably, leads to a lot of whining and pointing to toys that he wants to play with. Because he doesn't really say a whole lot of actual words, it leaves me to decipher what each little grunt and point means. Usually, the last toy that I give him is the one he wanted, and trust me, he knows how to tell me if it's not right! So, not only does he get frustrated, I do too. Some mornings I wake up wondering if I will be able to keep from losing my mind after listening to the whining. As awful as it may sound, one day nothing I did pleased Reece, so he decided to throw a huge tantrum. All I knew to do was to sit him in his bed and let him cry. It worked because after he got it all out, he was fine. We may have to start initiating time-outs around here. The frustration paired with the tantrum age is an explosive combination. So, we are making it around the Barham household as best we can and counting down the days until these casts come off. We go back Wednesday for the great wedge insert. I'll update and let you know how that goes.
With love,
Beth
2 comments:
REally cute picture though!
Adorable picture! Way to accessorize! :) Hope Wednesday goes well!
Post a Comment