Saturday, May 23, 2009

First Spend the Night

Well, I mustered up the guts to send Reece for an overnight stay at Mama Kat's and Daddy Dave's house Thursday night. I was a little apprehensive, but he had a blast! It was perfect because he didn't cry when we left him, yet he was glad to see us Friday morning when we picked him up. Nick and I thoroughly enjoyed our little "date night." We went to see a movie, did some shopping, and ate at a fabulous new restaurant, Mint. Reece was worn out yesterday! I think that he and Mama Kat did a lot in the 24 hours that he was there! I'll put it this way... Reece normally wakes up around 6:30 in the morning. This morning, Rip Van Winkle as Nick called him, slept until 8:15. I didn't know what to do with myself after being able to sleep past 8 two mornings in a row! After spending the night with Mama Kat and attending a cookout at Uncle Cass' and Aunt Angie's last night, he should be tired! Today, we are just back to the ole' hum-drum day. Nick is off until Tuesday, so we are going to do some spring cleaning around the house. Fun times!
Anyway, I'll post again if anything exciting comes up!
With love,
Beth

3 comments:

The Long Family said...

Glad to hear a good review of Mint. And super happy you had a date night!!!

Abby Jenkins said...

You and Nick need to do that more often! I have found out that even though I am apprehensive to let soemone else keep my child at times, that Hayden always comes home happy and in one piece. They may not do everything like I ask, but he has a good time, and it is good for the marriage to have a date every now and then. With a two week old, and a two year old, I am wishing for a date night soon!

Anonymous said...

Found your blog through Meaghan Bailey Gordon. What a story you guys have! Sending lots of love your way from South Korea. --Tiffany Cagle