Wednesday, October 7, 2015

No Surgery!

No eyelid surgery!!  Yay!!  We met with the oculoplastic surgeon here today, and he said that Reece's lashes were curled under and rubbing his cornea somewhat, but they were not doing any harm.  He wants to see him back in January.  We were all three thrilled to hear "I wouldn't do anything to them."!  


Reece is having a blast with Upward Flag Football.  He has started sleeping with his armband of plays at night.  Warms and breaks my heart all at the same time.  This just means so much to him.  He told me the other day "Mama, when Coach said practice was almost over, some of the kids cheered.  Some of them don't even want to play; their parents are making them.  I don't understand." So far, Reece has completed three passes thrown to him, recovered a fumble, and sacked the quarterback.  He'll tell you the sack didn't count because it's a rule, but it counts in our book.  I went nuts when he snuck up behind the quarterback and pulled the flag!



He's also in the middle of homecoming week at school.  So far, we've dressed patriotic, as an Australian Outback tourist, and in white for an Antarctic white out.  Tomorrow, he'll be dressing to represent Mexico!  Cute stuff!




We are continuing to truck along here.  Lots of appointments this month... ophthalmologist to check on the blepharitis, neurologist, dentist, and ENT.  He's having some hearing issues we think are related to his tube beginning to come out.
We've also begun talking with the man making Reece's go kart!  He's gotten all of the measurements for it and is working on it this week!

Tonight, I was getting drinks out of the fridge to go with our pizza, and Reece said "Look at me, Mama!" I turn around, and he's sitting up in the barstool.  He said "I climbed up here all by myself!!" Time stood still for a moment, and I had one of those moments where I realized how important it is to never take things for granted.  Usually God is trying to teach me something through those moments, and I have no doubt He's up to something.  I've been doing a lot of crying out to Him lately just from weariness and confusion.  Things never stop around here, and it seems like there are days when I get bitter because I just want everything, including time, to slow down.  I want to be able to stop and enjoy the small things.  He's hearing my prayers because that's just what that barstool moment did.

With love, 
Beth

No comments: