Thursday, February 6, 2014

My Cup Runneth Over

Since I last updated, we have had something big to celebrate!  Over supper last Monday, Reece started asking a lot of questions about Jesus and Heaven.  He does this a lot, but I could really tell he was thinking deeply about it.  He wanted to know how you ask Jesus to live in your heart, so I told him that you just have to pray to God and tell Him you want to start living like Jesus.  Nothing more was said.  I texted his teacher to ask if this had been a topic at school, and she said it came up among the children almost every day during Bible.  I'll pause right here and say this makes my heart so full of joy to know that my child is getting spiritually fed at both home and school.  So, the next day turned out to be a snow day.  We both were out of school, so my Mama and sister came by to visit after a doctor's appointment.  During the visit, Reece casually mentioned to me "Mama, last night after you left my room I talked to God and told Him I wanted Jesus to live in my heart.  I didn't say it out loud; I just said it in my head."  Do you know how badly I wanted to squeeze him?!  I was so proud!  I had even told him the night before that I would pray with him when he decided he was ready, but my angel took the initiative and did it all on his own!  Of course he is my child so he has to worry about something.  He expressed his one worry about salvation- "Mama, I don't ever want Him to leave my heart.  He won't will He?"  Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.  Luke 18:17
We decided the next step for Reece would be to talk with someone at our church.  He was excited about it, so Sunday morning we walked down with our 6 year old little boy to have a pastor pray over him.  In his 6 years, he has been prayed over more times than I can count.  His life is something that never ceases to amaze me.  I am in constant awe when I watch how Reece's life moves people and we get the opportunity to give credit to God.  Reece has been in our church since birth.  We joined a week before he was born, and many people have watched him grow physically.  What a blessing for those same people to watch him grow spiritually.  That morning one of our worship pastors was moved to tears, and I later learned that Reece's salvation was shared in the church's staff meeting.  I received a text from one of Reece's very first prayer warriors who works there.  She said that hearing the pastor talk about Reece choked her up and talked about how much she loved him.  I share all of this not to brag "Oh look how awesome our son is!", but to brag "Oh look how awesome our FATHER is!"  He took a rare genetic "difference" that Nick and I happened to share and formed it inside my body.  He put us through a miscarriage prior to Reece to remind of us the miracle of life.  That reminder prompted me to hit my knees praying that God would allow Reece to live.  If He did, I'd do everything in my power to make sure his life glorified Him.  Nothing Nick and I have done should draw people to Reece like they are.  God has put a special soul within our little boy, and he radiates the love and joy he has because of Christ.  It's really such a hard thing to put into words, but we are so very happy God trusted us to guide this little soul.  We three will all be attending his New Beginnings class on February 12.  This is a class specifically for kids new to salvation and their parents.  I hope they are ready for Reece's deep questions!  He has some doozies!

Speaking of deep questions... out of the blue the other day Reece asked Nick (as serious as he could be) "Hey Daddy. What are you going to do if the Atlanta Falcons draft me?"  For those who don't know, we are New Orleans Saints fans.  The Falcons are the rival team.  Reece's dream is to be a football player.  In his mind, he's already made it to the NFL draft and is worrying about the moral dilemma it will put his Daddy in if the rival team decides to draft him.  Did I mention he gets his worrying from me?

I have taken on a new venture, mainly because I reap the benefits.  About 6 months ago, I was introduced to doTerra essential oils.  Since then, I've played around with samples here and there and saw true results.  I've used a lot of the respiratory and muscle/joint pain oils on Reece, and they worked!  So instead of going broke buying them at retail price, I joined and became a consultant so I could get them for wholesale.  If I make some extra cash on the side, that won't be bad either.  For now, I'm really excited about learning all about them.  Combine that with trying to do yoga classes on a regular basis and sticking to the Mediterranean diet, my 2014 is starting off a little healthier!

In house news, the shingles are 3/4 of the way finished, and the exterior paint near the roof line is on.  Plumbing and electrical work is almost done.  Insulation will be next.  It's like the guts of the house are going in.  :)  It really is so exciting.  I think I've mentioned I tear up every time I drive up and see it.  It's so "us."





                                               
Side of house



Back of house (The white is the exterior color)


Snow Day in Mississippi





 He decided he really liked the taste of snow. 





 Looks like Ridley is attacking Reece in this picture... so far from the truth.  This is what they do the majority of the time they are together.  Reece flops Ridley's ears around or pops him on the back or sits on him or grabs him by the collar....  Ridley should probably do something, but he doesn't.  Hyper but sweetest dog ever


And, we lost tooth #6 Sunday night.  Still waiting on the other two top teeth to push through.  Just glad this latest tooth wasn't lost in surgery this time!  

With love,
Beth




No comments: