Monday, July 2, 2012

The Wedding and... Dinosaurs?

What a busy weekend we had, but it was definitely a fun one!  Friday afternoon we left our house and headed to Louisville for my nephew's and his new bride's rehearsal dinner.  After the rehearsal, we drove to Starkville to check into our hotel for the weekend.  Reece was so excited!  He loves a hotel!  Saturday was the big day, and since Reece was the ring bearer we had to get there a couple of hours early.  When 2:00 arrived, Nick and I were both a nervous wreck.  What if he falls?  What if he drops the rings and can't pick them up?  What if he decides to dance???  Well, of course, he exceeded our expectations.  He was a wonderful little ring bearer who took his job very seriously.  The only thing he did was have a seat on the step when his little legs got tired.  He was so very proud of himself and felt like such a big boy standing up there with all of the groomsmen.  Here are a few pictures from the beautiful day.


 Reece and the mother of the groom- my sister Suzanne

 Reece and the grandmother of the groom- my mom

 Reece and the father of the groom- my brother in law

 Reece and Jamie (one nephew's wife and baby Ally- my future great-niece: ), and Lacy (the other nephew's girlfriend)  Confusing, I know!  These two beautiful girl belong to the brothers of the groom. Clear as mud, right?

Doesn't he look dashing?  (Thanks, Lacy, for the great pictures!)

Saturday also marked the 3rd annual Arthrogryposis Multiplex Congenita Awareness Day.  We ask everyone to wear blue to show support for Reece.  It's hard to explain what it means for us to see that support.  Thank you to everyone who did it for our little guy.  There were too many pictures to post on here, so I'll just have to pick the cutest.  Little Anna Grace and her dog Winston-


We hate we missed the AMC convention this year, but we will be in Las Vegas next year with everybody!  

Sunday we had the privilege of going to our church's Starkville campus and watching my niece and her husband be baptized.  I had no idea I would cry, but I did!  Knowing that they are dedicating their lives to the Lord is a beautiful thing!  I'm so glad that we got to be a part of it!  After a yummy lunch at The Veranda, we headed home to Brandon.  

Today, after Reece spent 2 hours on the iPad, I decided we needed to get out.  The original plan was to stay in all day, but I could just tell we were both going to go crazy if we did.  Luckily, my sister and mom called us out for lunch.  A quick trip to look at a new vehicle turned into a test drive and number crunching.  All for naught, though.  Just toying with the idea of something smaller and easier for Reece to get up into.  Maybe in a year or so.  Daddy HAS to have something.  Poor guy is still driving my high school car.  After our test drive, Reece and I went to the Natural Science Museum to see the robotic dinosaur exhibit.  I did not set high expectations, but he LOVED it!  He's been really into Dino Dan on Nick Jr. here lately, so I guess that was what sparked his interest.  He actually asked me questions and listened to the things I read to him about the dinosaurs.  I must say that his favorite thing there was the area where they had the inner workings of the robots on display, and he could push buttons to make different body parts move.  I called Nick and told him that I thought our son has a future in animatronics at Disneyworld.  Here are a few pics from today-

 "Hey Mama!  Get my picture in front of these fish!"

 You would think that T-Rex would be his favorite, but it's not...

 He loves the triceratops!

The future of Disney working the animatronic dinosaur.

With love,
Beth

1 comment:

The Long Family said...

I bet him sitting on the step was precious!