Monday, September 5, 2011

Our 1st Seaside Vacation

Nick, who doesn't care for beach vacations, has said that we can go back to Seaside, FL anytime I would like! Yay! I think we have found our family's yearly beach getaway! It was everything we needed it to be. We took each day slowly, with no planned agenda, and enjoyed every minute of it. Reece loved it too, however, he wasn't a fan of actually being ON the beach, after the ocean swept his beloved orange seashell away. He was quite miffed and didn't care to have anything else to do with that thief of an ocean! We rented bicycles, with a trailer for Reece, and had a blast just cruising through the quaint little town. The first day we got our bicycles, Reece squealed loudly around the town center. While the bicycles certainly delighted him, the highlight of his week was the night everyone gathered in a common grassy area to watch Toy Story 3 projected onto the side of a building. He was in heaven!
I won't type a long post, but instead, I will let the pictures tell the story of our first Seaside vacation. I do have to type one thing, though. The last night there, Nick was laying on the couch, I had my head in his lap, and Reece was curled up next to us. I started talking to Reece about the special memories we had made and how I hoped he would always remember the great time we had. I told him I wanted him to remember the bike rides, the open air movie, but most importantly the fact that we were just able to chill. I said, "We never get to just chill." Reece's response? "That's the truf!"
Enjoy the pictures!

Welcome to Seaside!

So thankful for the sweet lady who took this pic of our family!

Waiting for it to get dark for the movie!

Watching Toy Story 3!

Reece liked to watch the ocean.

A Big Cheeeeese!



We surprised Reece by meeting up with his friend Landrum and her family!

They invited us for lunch after swimming!

So sweet

My two boys

Ok... I'm done with the photo shoot, Mama!

A serious pic

These two can't be serious for long!

Screaming into the ocean breeze!

Such a quaint little beach town :)

Me and my sweet baby boy

He's getting so big!

Another big cheeeese!

Looking out at the ocean!

Shooting water high up into the air with Daddy!

Two cool dudes!

He insists that the sunglasses help him to stay cool.

Trying to convince Reece that the ocean is ok

Before the great beach meltdown of 2011




2 comments:

The Long Family said...

I love Seaside. We stay in Santa Rosa, about 10 miles before Seaside on 30A. They have a huge July 4th thing in the grassy area. I'm so glad you had a great and relaxing trip...

Meaghan said...

So happy that y'all had a great trip! You deserved a relaxing vacay!!