Another big thing that happened in the Barham household was the transformation of Reece's crib into a toddler bed. I've been contemplating it for a while because Reece just never seemed to have enough room to do all of the flipping and flopping he does while sleeping. His crib converts and then I bought a convertible crib bed rail that is much shorter and not as long as the standard crib rail. He watched Nick and I take his bed apart and put it back together. When I put him in it, he absolutely loved it! I can't even express how proud he was. I should also mention that he helped a bit. While Nick and I were in serious mode, Reece picked up the screwdriver and tapped it on the side of his bed. Of course we had to stop and just laugh. It's so amazing how much kids pick up stuff from you, and you don't even realize it. Right now, I'm listening to him bang his braces as hard as he can against his bed rail. Looks like naptime is a lost cause today. I want to share another funny story about Reece. He's doing so many funny things now, and I feel like I need to write them all down. Wednesday is our family lunch day, and yesterday we went to eat at El Potrillo. Well, Reece has always liked eating the tortilla chips, but I decided to put the bowl of salsa in between me and him. He took his little tortilla chip and dipped it in. Amazingly, he decided that he liked this. In fact, he liked it so much that he threw the chip down and dug into the salsa with his fingers. After one particular finger-licking dip, he immediately started whining and wiping his tongue off. Apparently, he got a spicy dip, and Nick and I couldn't help but laugh. It didn't stop him though. After a sip of sweet tea, the finger dipping resumed!
Now, onto a "what are we going to do" moment. Reece has definitely entered his terrible twos a little early. He's become somewhat of a smarty pants, and Nick and I are like "oh no!" He's always had this thing with throwing food on the floor. We were even informed at school Wednesday that he ate none of his snack. Instead, he threw every bit of it on the floor. Well, the other day he was doing it, and I told him not to throw another orange on the floor. Of course, he looked at me and chunked one down. So, Daddy stepped in. He got face to face with Reece and said very sternly, "Do not throw another orange on the floor. Do you understand me?" Our once sweet, innocent child looked Nick dead on, shook his head, and said "Nuh-uh." Nick couldn't help it. He did the one thing you are never supposed to do. He fell out laughing, which spread to me, and then on to our child. Oh boy! What ARE we going to do??
Other than that, Nick and I are finally recovering from our rollercoaster-riding trip to Ohio with our friends Allen and Christen. We had a blast, but we were exhausted! Reece stayed with Mama Kat and Daddy Dave, Ridley was boarded, and Nassau babysat the fish. Things are slowly returning to routine, thank goodness, since Ridley forgot all about the housetraining thing. He and Reece are getting along a little better. Here lately, I find myself getting on to Reece for bothering Ridley more so than vice versa. He has an infatuation with trying to bite, headbutt, and trip Ridley by the back leg. He bit Ridley this morning and Ridley pawed at him. It scratched Reece, but I told him if he wouldn't have bit him then Ridley wouldn't have hurt him. Reece is one of these kids that you have to either be super stern with or let him learn for himself. His sneaky little self is also determined to play in Ridley's water bowl. I heard him say "mmm!" the other day and knew I hadn't given him anything to eat or drink. Well, he had helped himself to Ridley's water. Like the salsa, the nasty dog water was also finger-licking good to my child. Now, I have to watch him because he always quietly scoots his way over there. He'll look back at me to see if I'm watching him, and when I say "Reece, no!" he jumps and starts laughing. Dear Lord, please help me!
On the canine side of things, Ridley is still attending his puppy classes on Wednesday night with Reece in tow. He's been doing really well. He had extra attention given to him last week because of how he practically pulls me down while on a leash, but after putting something called a Gentle Leader harness on him, he's like a brand new dog. Last night, he did really well with learning the commands "leave it" and "down." Reece was named the assistant teacher last night by the trainer since he babbled the whole class. He really is good to sit in a stroller and watch puppies for an hour.
Yesterday, Nick and I stayed busy by cutting, priming, and painting moulding for our kitchen island. The granite countertop was installed Tuesday, and it looks great. However, there's still glue on the side from where we took the tile off, so we needed something to cover it up. Hopefully it will look ok when we get it all finished. I also installed a shade in the huge arch window in the playroom. It's always been super hot in there, and now that we stay in there more often, we had to do something. I was wanting to do something really nice, but a shade will just have to do for now.
So, I'm setting a new goal for myself. I've got to take more pictures of Reece to post on here. I used to constantly have a camera in his face, but I've slacked the past few months. Hopefully, you'll start seeing some more soon!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
With love,
Beth
No comments:
Post a Comment