Friday, September 26, 2008

Our First Time to be Sick:(

Well, we made it 8 months without any kind of cold or infection.  I guess that can only last so long.   The Friday after we visited the ENT, I took him to the pediatrician because he was very congested.  Turns out he had double ear infections and a sinus infection.  Poor guy!  I guess the ear infections developed that quickly between doctor visits.  He's been taking an antibiotic and feels much better now! 
He had lunch with his Papa this past Tuesday.  He had a blast!  I'm a little worried about how he was blowing kisses to and smiling at the waitress, though.  He's a flirt already!!  Of course, my dad just encouraged it and got a big kick out of it!     
He's beginning to figure out what teeth do.  I took some great video of him being a clown that   I 'm going to post soon.  He has developed a love of putting something (toys, spoons, fingers, etc.) in his mouth and just letting it hang there between his teeth.  It really is too funny!  He and Nassau are great buddies now.  Nassau has established an observation deck of sorts from up on the coffee table.  You see, Reece's pallet with all of his toys are right in front of our coffee table, so Nassau has a bird's eye view from up there.  It's really amazing how much Nassau wants to be around Reece now.  Wherever Reece is, Nassau is there also.  It's sort of like I have a furry little babysitter:)  Reece is still exploring new foods.  We're working on finger snack foods and holding a sippy cup.  I honestly think he can do it, but why not just let someone else do the work for him?!  He's pretty smart!  The only thing that he will hold and eat by himself is a graham cracker, and I think the only reason he does that is because he can bite off half of the cracker.  He's like his daddy in that he enjoys taking big bites.  He knows that if I hold it he can't control the portion size.  Again, very smart!  
We are really excited about October 9.  We are going to Allison Muirhead in Madison to have some portraits made of Reece.  True, he has about 2,000 pictures (literally) downloaded on iPhoto, but you know we have to have some done professionally!  Other than that, things are pretty busy around the Barham household.  I'm getting ready to throw a kitchen shower at the house, so I am running around decorating for fall, shopping for shower decor, and scrubbing my house from top to bottom.  Reece just hangs in there with me.  He's a go-with-the-flow kind of guy!  
I guess I should wrap things up here.  We are having lunch with Nick's mom and grandmother today.  Reece loves lunch dates!  With love, Beth 

No comments: