Monday, July 21, 2008
Genetics Results
Well, we received the genetics test results from Germany about 4 months early. Dr. Rahman called about lunchtime to let us know that the test did come back positive for Escobar syndrome. We will meet with him a week from tomorrow to discuss the results and our options for future children. We are somewhat relieved that at least we know now exactly what is going on with Reece, but on the other hand we had all hoped that it was not this syndrome. It doesn't change anything with Reece, but now he will have that label. We are doing ok... I was a little upset because I honestly did not think that he had it because all that I had read sounded a lot worse than what Reece's characteristics are. I don't know... maybe he has a mild case. The chances of Nick and I passing along a gene with the exact mutation are apparently very rare. Hopefully, we will understand more next week. Please continue to pray for us. It's days like this when we are reminded that Reece will always have some difficulty in life, and that is a very hard thing to swallow. I, however, do still believe in miracles and will continue to pray that the Lord will heal our little man. My best friend told me something today as I was letting it all out with her. She said that for Reece to have this extremely rare syndrome only means that God has a really special plan for him. God doesn't just do that without something awesome in mind. I hadn't really thought of it that way, and it made me feel a lot better. All we do now is love him, love him, love him, and one day explain to him that he has been sent from God on a special mission. With Reece's personality, I know that he will fully understand that and be strong-willed about carrying out that mission, whatever it may be. Thanks for keeping up with us! We couldn't make it without the phenomenal support we have! We love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment